learn - to support EARLY childhood development
The early years of a child’s life provide the foundation for future heath, development and wellbeing. Positive early learning experiences stimulate brain development, improve learning outcomes and help children to reach their full potential. Working with the ‘Education Partnership’ and ‘Strengthening Our Families’ program, Time for Wellbeing aims to promote nutrition and wellbeing in early childhood to support quality developmental outcomes. We aim to
- Connect families with available services and support groups.
- Involve and support childcare centres and local kindergartens in promoting childhood health.
- Work in collaboration with the Education Partnership ‘Mining Minds’ on Early Learning Initiatives.
- Work with Allied Health Professionals to advocate for services which meet the needs of local families and children.
Local resources and activities
There are many opportunities for families with young children in our dynamic community, including:
- Nippy gym
- Roxby Leisure
- Toddler story time (2 sessions per week)
- Swimming lessons
- Toddler Ballet
- Library facilities
- Mining minds support and advocacy
- Child and Family Health Services (CAFHS)
- The Strengthening Our Families Program
- Mum’s & Babies (Tuesday morning at Community Hub)
- Rhythm & Rhyme (Wednesday morning at Community Hub)
- Dad’s & Kids (at Community Hub)
Links to online resources and support for childhood health
- Parenting SA provides a range of resources not just for parents; but for grandparents, relatives, friends and those who care for children.
- Eat a Rainbow provides teachers and families a range of resources to encourage children to ‘eat a rainbow’ of fruit and vegetables.